Architectural Design I (Arct 201) course aims to constitute first acquaintance with the different aspects of the design work- what to use and how to form a unity in order to compose the appropriate spatial structure at varying conditions. The course focuses upon the issues;• The exploration of materials and techniques, 2D and 3D representational drawings, modeling, sketching as a way of developing ideas and concepts.
• The development of imagination, self motivation and the self generation of ideas and concepts.
• The identification of self mental and manual skills in order to form the individual styles.
• The role of individual and the group in the creative process.
• An approach to teaching/learning in which the creative design process is being as important as the product.
• Understanding different design languages and enhancing design vocabularies.
• Researching and discussing as the best way of building design knowledge.
• The foundation of work ethic.